The Local Government Association and Primary Industries and Regions SA have teamed up to deliver four two-day youth leadership forums in regional South Australia over the next two months.
To be eligible you have to fit into one of the following criteria:
- Participated in the Regional Youth Traineeship Program in Round 1 or 2 and are currently working and residing in regional South Australia
- Be between the ages of 17 and 24 and currently regionally employed on a full-time basis
- Gained at least one Certificate III Qualification
The forums will give over 100 regional youth the opportunity to learn how to positively influence and lead others.
They also teach leadership skills the youth can use in their everyday life, community or work environments.
The four forums are as follows:
- Eyre Peninsula – 24, 25 July
- Standpipe Motor Inn – Port Augusta
- Fleurieu Peninsula – 31 July and 1 August
- New Terry Hotel – Wirrina
- Barossa Valley – 14, 15 August
- Clare Valley Motel – Clare
- Limestone Coast – 21, 22 August
- William McIntosh Motor Lodge
For any more information contact the Regional Youth Traineeship Program Coordinator Natasha Black on 8224 2013
Photo: Provided by Natasha Black