This week is Mental Health Week - aiming to raise community awareness about mental health issues, promote social and emotional wellbeing to the community, encourage people to maximise their health potential, enhance the coping capacity of communities, families, individuals and increase mental health recovery.
LIFELINE AUSTRALIA - 13 11 14
Kadina: ‘Yorke Peninsula Wellness Day’
- Thursday October 12th
- Victoria Square, Kadina
- "Organisations from the Yorke Peninsula region will join together for an event in Victoria Square, Kadina, to promote mental health and reduce stigma within the community. The YP MH Team will have a stall, utilising the services of Lolly Jar Circus to engage the local community in activities."
Port Augusta: ‘Mental Health Week: Information Stand’
- Wednesday October 11th from 11am - 2pm
- Wharflands Plaza
- "Mental Health Week: Information stand to help the local community ask important questions. Come and find out what services are available in Port Augusta to help you or someone you know. Representatives from a number of local health providers will be available to have a chat and provide information or advice. Some organisations represented include: Centacare Catholic; Country & Outback Health; Government of SA Health; UnitingCare Wesley Country SA; headspace Port Augusta. Proudly supported by Country SA PHN. At Wharflands Plaza. Free sausage sizzle."
Whyalla: ‘Wellness Festival’
- Friday October 13th from 11am - 3pm
- University of SA Whyalla campus (on the front lawns) - 111 Nicholson Avenue, Whyalla
- "Interactive stalls and engaging activites. Including the Mega Body, jumping castle and food and drinks."